- Duration : 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rotorua, New Zealand
- Product code : S/W Special
HELLS GATE SUMMER/WINTER SPECIAL INCLUDES: Hells Gate Geothermal Walk, Skin Rejuvenation Mud Bath, Sulphur Spa, Mirimiri Massage, Complimentary Robe & Towel Hire, Manuka Tea & Muffin
Please advise if you require a complimentary shuttle, available from within the Rotorua area.
Note: Please bring comfortable shoes for walk, swimsuit and towel (we have swimsuit, shorts and towel hire at $5 per item)
NATURAL SPA THERAPIES AND ROTORUA MUD BATHS
The unique geothermal muds and waters of Rotorua are renown for their curative and invigorating properties—and this is particularly so at “Hells Gate” - Rotorua’s most active thermal park. For more than 700 years “Hells Gate” or Tikitere as it is known to the Maori (New Zealand’s indigenous people) has been a special place of wellness from the medicinal sulphur lake to the curative waters and muds of “Hurutini” (name of a geothermal pool). With the arrival of the Europeans to New Zealand (Aotearoa) some 150 years ago, the special qualities of the muds and waters of Hells Gate Tikitere, have been sought after with many documented and medically certified cures being effected.
The special muds and sulphurous waters have been guarded for centuries by the Kaitiaki - ’Wai Ora’ (guardian warrior) after whom the spa is named.
Additional properties of “Hells Gate” muds include:
- Very strong affinity to moisture in the skin making it an excellent product for promoting regenerating skin cells
- Detoxifying and purifying action of the mud on the skin when drying
- Highly active clay surfaces of the mud that easily absorbs excess oils and fatty secretions from within the skin’s pores
- Bacteriacidal properties of the mud through it’s sulphur content which kill bacteria and assists in the prevention and elimination of acne
There are special qualities retained in “Hells Gate” mud which is a very fine suspension in the mineral enriched geothermal waters of the “Hurutini” pool. This mineral enriched geothermal mud provides an excellent source of minerals including silica, alumina, magnesium, calcium, iron, titanium, sulphur, phosphorous, sodium and potassium as well as trace elements such as copper, zinc, selenium, cobalt, manganese and molylodeman.
- Open daily EXCEPT Christmas Day
- Summer Opening Hour (1 October - 31 March)
Geothermal Park open from 8:30am - 6:30pm (last entrance 5:30pm)
Mud Bath Spa open from 8:30am - 10:00pm(last entrance 8:00pm)
- Winter Opening Hour (1 April - 30 September)
Geothermal Park open from 8:30am - 5:30pm(last entrance 4:30pm)
Mud Bath Spa open from 8:30am - 8:30pm (last entrance 7:00pm)
- Daily Guided Tour available 9:30am and 1:30pm
Please advise if you require a complimentary shuttle pick-up and drop-off, available from within the Rotorua area. THE SHUTTLE ROUTE RUNS DAILY:
Summer time (1st October to 31st March)
Beginning at Tyron St at: 8:50am, 12:50pm, 4:50pm and 6:50pm.
Leaving Hells Gate at:12.30pm, 4:30pm, 7.30pm and 9:30pm.
Winter time(1st April to 30th September)
Beginning at Tyron St at: 8:50am, 12:50pm and 3:50pm.
Leaving Hells Gate at: 12.30pm, 3:30pm and 6:30pm.