Wai Ora Mud Bath & Spa
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Product code: WAIORA MUD SPA
● Private NZ Spa Mud Bath
● NZ Sulphur Spa
● Towel and Robe provided
Hells Gate Geothermal Park & Mud Spa is New Zealand’s Historic Spa experience. This geothermal area with unique thermal muds and acidic sulphurous waters has been used by the local Maori (Ngati Rangiteaorere) for bathing , relaxation, healing and overall wellbeing for more than 800 years.
The natural geothermal mud can be liberally smoothed over the skin while relaxing in the sulphurous waters of the private mud bath for 20 minutes. The mud bath is followed by a cool shower which helps restore blood circulation before relaxing in the hot sulphur mineral spas. The warm geothermal mud opens and cleans the skin’s pores, while the sulphur spa’s give your skin a gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing, leaving your skin clean, soft and smooth to touch.
New Zealand Spa Facilities include:
- Two couples private mud baths and one private family mud bath
- Two freeform sulphur spas
- Complimentary towel and robe use
- Eight therapy rooms for single, couple or group use
- Private lounge area
- Changing rooms and shower facilities
- Open daily EXCEPT Christmas Day
- Summer Opening Hour (1 October - 31 March)
Geothermal Park open from 8:30am - 6:30pm (last entrance 5:30pm)
Mud Bath Spa open from 8:30am - 10:00pm(last entrance 8:00pm)
- Winter Opening Hour (1 April - 30 September)
Geothermal Park open from 8:30am - 5:30pm(last entrance 4:30pm)
Mud Bath Spa open from 8:30am - 8:30pm (last entrance 7:00pm)
- Daily Guided Tour available 9:30am and 1:30pm
Please advise if you require a complimentary shuttle pick-up and drop-off, available from within the Rotorua area. THE SHUTTLE ROUTE RUNS DAILY:
Summer time (1st October to 31st March)
Beginning at Tyron St at: 8:50am, 12:50pm, 4:50pm and 6:50pm.
Leaving Hells Gate at:12.30pm, 4:30pm, 7.30pm and 9:00pm.
Winter time(1st April to 30th September)
Beginning at Tyron St at: 8:50am, 12:50pm and 3:50pm.
Leaving Hells Gate at: 12.30pm, 3:30pm and 6:30pm.